Kids Cooking Recipes: Orange Cupcakes and Chocolate Philadelphia
by Eleanor Eva
This kids recipe was inspired by the new flavoured chocolate philadelphia. It’s scrummy and I wanted to make a special cupcake for our weddding anniversary.
This is another easy recipe that is very child friendly. The cup-cakes are very moist with just a little twist on the classic chocolate orange flavours.
(N.B. This is Catherine's jack rabbit trying out Eleanor's scrummy cupcakes after we tried her recipe. It's gorgeous! Thanks Eleanor)
- 125 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 130g granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml milk
- 1 tub chocolate flavoured philadelphia spread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the sugar and orange zest into a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add the butter and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Spoon mix equally between the cake cases and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, spread chocolate philadelphia over the top of the cakes.